Conduct: Good conduct and tennis etiquette shall prevail at all times and shall include a minimum of noise, maximum sportsmanship and respect for the rights and welfare of others.
Decisions: Matters requiring immediate decisions shall be resolved by the Tennis Steward. If the Steward is not available, the General Manager or Director of Tennis (in that order) shall be consulted.
Compliance: All players are required to comply with the rules and regulations of the Club. Violators are subject to revocation of the use of the tennis facilities or other penalties, as determined by the Board of Directors.
Complaints: Complaints, notice of violations and suggestions shall be submitted in writing and directed to the Tennis Committee.
Guests: All of the Club’s rules regarding guest fees and frequency of guests are applicable to tennis.
Tennis Attire: Appropriate tennis attire shall be worn at all times, including non-‐marking tennis shoes. E.g., no jeans.
Animals: Prohibited on courts
Spectators: Spectators shall not be permitted within the fenced area of the courts.
Tennis Instruction: Formal tennis instruction is to be conducted only by the Club’s pros. Other pros invited to play with members are limited to hitting with no more than six balls. Other pros must be signed in as guests, and are subject to the same frequency limitations and fees applicable to other guests.
Social Members: Social members cannot use the tennis courts except for private lessons with the Club’s pros. Social members and their children cannot participate in clinics. Nor may social members be tennis guests of regular members.
- The Tennis Steward shall operate the tennis desk under the direction of the Director of Tennis.
- Prior to play, each member must register personally with the Steward or, if the Steward is not available, write his or her name on the tennis board. Should any player fail to register his or her name and starting time prior to the commencement of play, his or her place shall be forfeited immediately upon demand of any waiting player who has complied with the rules.
- Starting times must be on either the hour or half-‐hour, except at the discretion of the Steward.
- Sign-‐up shall be limited to one hour.
- Members and guests may leave the premises after sign-‐up.
- A member signing up for himself or herself may also sign up for a guest, even though the guest is not personally present. The name of the guest must be submitted to the Steward to put on the board or the member must write the name on the board if the Steward is unavailable.
- A guest may only play with his host except at the discretion of the Steward or Tennis Committee.
- Any member signing up for anyone other than himself or herself will be subject to loss of the court, except that a member may sign for a guest provided the member has complied with the guest rules.
- No one may erase another player’s name from the board without the prior permission of that player.
- A player may not register for another court for playing time until the previously allotted time has full expired, whether the fully allotted time was played or not.
- For example, if players sign up for one hour starting at 9:00 a.m., they may not sign up again before 10:00 a.m., even though playing stopped prior to 10:00 a.m.
- In addition, each player wishing to play again must register with the Steward at the tennis board in person, or, if the Steward is unavailable, personally write his or her name on the board.
- If a player substitutes or fills in for another player while registered for another playing time, the other playing time is forfeited. Additional playing time may be granted only at the discretion of the Steward.
- Players may use an empty court (one that no person has registered on) for warm-‐up, but must give up that court immediately to anyone signing up for it.
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays:
- Doubles play shall have priority from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Singles play shall be allowed until 9:30 a.m., provided that no sign-‐up for singles only shall be allowed after 8:30 a.m. A maximum of three courts will be allocated for singles play between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. If there are three singles courts in use and another group of singles comes to play, they will have to wait until one of the singles courts is vacated. They will not be allowed to take a court designated for doubles play. There should never be more than 3 courts being used for singles play. With the court allocations written above in mind, those individuals who have not yet played will have priority for one of the three open singles courts or a doubles court over those that have played.
- Sign-‐up for singles only may commence again at 12:00 p.m.
- Senior members (anyone over 18 years of age) have priority over junior members (anyone under 18 years of age) before 12:00 p.m.
Anyone playing in a Club-‐sponsored tennis event (e.g., a Club tournament or USTA team tennis), has lower priority than non-‐participating members immediately before and after the event. In addition, when the Westside Tennis League has a home match, the Westside League players have lower priority than non-‐ participating members before 9:00 a.m.
- Any member who is 18 years old or older may reserve court 5 for one hour any day the Club is open. Reservation may be made only on the hour, starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Reservations must be made through the Office (323-‐654-‐0550) the day before. (Same day court reservations are not allowed). Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Only one reservation per hour will be accepted by the office.
- Names of all players must be submitted when making a reservation.
- Reservations may be made for either singles or doubles. Special playing times for singles and doubles apply to reservations. See Court Priorities.
- Only one reservation per membership (or family) may be made per day.
- Players who reserve a court may not sign up for play before their reservation. After their reserved one hour of play, the players may re-‐sign in if courts are available but they have lower priority than other members.
Non-‐members are not permitted to play on any Club-‐sponsored teams, including the Club’s junior, USTA or Westside League teams.
These rules may be amended or otherwise changed by the Tennis Committee.